Sunday, January 4, 2015

13 Seasonal Goals: Winter 2014/2015

Hello, everyone! It's been a little quiet around here with the holidays and a general case of the "mehs" on my part. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is ready to jump in to a bright new year.

Although I achieved some of my autumn goals, there were many that I didn't complete, so I'm looking to be more productive in the coming weeks by setting some goals for the winter season.

Donate to a person/cause I want to support.
I'm not 100% sure what I will donate to yet, but a donation shall be made!

Undecided social thing.

Undecided social thing.
The social things are tough for me because I literally have one local friend and family to hang out with, so I pretty much let things happen as they will regarding social plans. Sad, I know.

Save at least $100.
Perhaps this can be the start of my A-kon fund!

Complete a winter writing challenge.
Lacy and I wrote down 30-ish words/phrases related to winter/the holidays, and I plan on using them to write short stories or poems throughout the season.

Make an accessory for my dark mori witch cosplay.
This is something I wanted to do for my autumn goals, but I didn't have the time or resources to do something. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what I want to make, so I need to do a bit of thinking and planning.

Find a new job.
My job is killing me, and I need to get out. Plain and simple.

Get a haircut.
It's been over a year! I need a fresh start!

Go to a movie.
It's also been over a year since I last went to the theater to see a movie, so I'd like to go see The Hobbit!

Read a book that takes place during winter.
I read a couple winter/Christmas themed books already, but I have a couple more that would make nice season reads.

Create  a playlist for one of my characters.
I love the idea of associating music with stories or characters, and I have a very particular idea regarding by character Berry-Black and music. He's a singer who owns a lounge/club, and I might choose him for this project. 

Paint a canvas.
Still have those canvases. Still have those paints. Still haven't done a dang thing with them.

Make a purchase I've been meaning/planning to make.
There are several things I've been trying to get around to buying, and I'd like to mark at least one of those off my list this season. Maybe I'll buy the wig for my witch costume. Maybe I'll pre-register for A-kon. Maybe I'll by that cheap ball-jointed doll head to practice face-ups on. Not sure what it will be yet, but hopefully at least one of these things will happen.

Well, that's what I came up with for this round. Hopefully I can accomplish a lot and have fun while doing so. Do you have any goals you'd like to complete this winter? Feel free to tell me about them in the comments. Or, if you decide to do a blog post, v-log, etc., about your goals, I'd be happy to add a link to your entry!

For more seasonal goals posts, please take a look at the following:
Petticoat Pedaler
Night Lights and Day Dreams

Thanks for a reading, and have a very Happy New Year!

Strangely,
Chantel

2 comments:

  1. Have you read The Secret Garden? I remember a lot of it taking place in the winter and leading up to spring.

    You should plan a day in to just sit with your canvas. Do you have a work space for them at home. I know that is why I had to put of a lot of sewing projects.

    psst hey. For the one of the undecided social things, After Valentine's Love party. It was too much fun last year to not try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Secret Garden, but Lacy recently bought a copy, so I'll definitely keep that in mind when I choose a book to read. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

      I really should. I don't have a dedicated work space to do it in, but there's enough space in the office to create an area to work in.

      That really was fun! It would be great to do it again this year!

      Delete