Thursday, August 21, 2014

Things I Love Thursday



Greetings, lovelings! Welcome to my first Things I Love Thursday post here on Strangely, Chantel. I used to do these on a regular basis when I still posted on LiveJournal, but I stopped as people switched from LJ to other blogging platforms. Hopefully I will be able to keep these up as a frequent way of reminding myself of all the great things I encounter and enjoy throughout the weeks. Here we go!

  • Scott Lynch’s The Republic of Thieves – This is the third book in the Gentleman Bastards series, and it was just as thrilling, beautiful, and amazing as the previous two. I absolutely love these books and Scott’s writing! I can’t wait for the fourth book!
  • Master of Tides – Lindsey Stirling – This performance is so cool, and it makes me very sad that I don’t know how to play violin (even though I have a violin).
  • The release of AlchemicMuse’s autumn fragrances! - There are quite a few I’d like to try, such as ZomBee and Bonfire.
  • White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino with raspberry. – I love the combination of white chocolate and raspberry, but I only recently thought of asking the Starbucks barista to add a pump of strawberry syrup to my white chocolate drink, and it was super tasty!
  • Making envelopes! – I found a tutorial online for making envelopes, so I tried making a few. I’m thinking about labeling them and using them to save for various things, like dolls, a new laptop, or an Etsy shopping spree. XD
  • Planning my kawaii witch outfit for next year’s A-kon. – I have a bunch of items favorited on Etsy that would work for my original idea, but now I’m considering doing a dark mori girl style witch. I just don’t know anymore, but it’s fun looking at ideas!
  • Clean sheets and blankets. – I always sleep so well when I have freshly laundered bedding.
The three envelopes I made!


Well, that’s it for this week’s list. Hope you are all having a lovely week so far! Take care!

Strangely,
Chantel

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful list! I really want to read some of that series by Scott Lynch, or rather I want to read something by him. He was actually featured on an episode of Writing Excuses that was about roguishness. http://www.writingexcuses.com/2013/11/24/writing-excuses-8-47-roguishness-with-scott-lynch/

    The envelopes look great. Could you link to the tutorial. It seems like it would be fun. ♥

    Oh clean sheets are the best. Especially if your detergent smells nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love his writing so much! I'm going to be impatient until the next book comes out, and there isn't even a release date yet! Thanks for the link, by the way. I'll definitely check it out. :)

      Here is the link for the envelopes: http://mondocherry.blogspot.com/2009/06/easy-peasy-envelopes.html

      They're pretty easy and fun to make, and a great way to use up extra craft paper (we have a lot of it!).

      Delete
    2. Yay!! I am going to have to make envelopes soon.

      Delete