Thursday, September 4, 2014

Things I Love Thursday: Writing Related and Other Fun Stuff!

Greetings, everyone!

I hope this post finds you all enjoying your week and looking forward to the weekend. This week has been pretty rough, but there have also been some great things that made me happy.

Here we go!



  • Writing Excuses 8.47: Roguishness with Scott Lynch – Oh my, but I love Scott Lynch! Lilian linked me to this in a comment to last week’s list, and I listened to it almost immediately. Not only is Scott’s writing amazing, but he seems like a charming and entertaining person. Very cool podcast with great information!
  • Minecraft Space Chickens – This Minecraft series (by Guude from the Mindcrack server) includes mods such as Chococraft and Galacticraft, and there are so many strange and wonderful things. Plus, Guude is a funny and cool guy. Warning for NSFW language.
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray – Awesome young adult novel set in 1920s New York. Deals with paranormal abilities, murder, cult-like religious beliefs, and so much more. Very interesting! I finished this a couple days ago, and will definitely be reading the next book in the series.
  • Autumn candles! – Bath and Body Works already has some fall fragrances out, and I’m so excited. This is my favorite time of year for fragrances.
  • Cheese toast – Such a simple snack, but so delicious. Seriously, toast some bread, put some cheese on it, melt the cheese (This part works best in a toaster oven or regular oven), and eat!
  • Organizing writing resources – I recently decided that, with how many writing-related posts I had in my Likes on Tumblr, I would try to get them out of there and organized somewhere separate from my other Likes. So, I created a Tumblr specifically for those items. I’ve been reblogging stuff from my Likes to that other Tumblr so I can easily reference the information I might need or want. I’ll probably create a tags page in the future, but it seems like it might be a bit time consuming, so it may take me a while.
  • Victorian Trading Co. – This shop has some wonderful pieces I’d love to wear. Quite pricey, but lovely!
  • Midnight in Paris – I love this movie so much! It’s just so wonderful and magical. I could watch it again and again. <3
Well, that's it for this week! Don't forget to take note of all the simple things that can make a big (positive!) difference in your life!

Strangely,
Chantel

No comments:

Post a Comment