Sunday, September 14, 2014

Bargain Shopping!



I don’t know about everyone else, but I love shopping. I really do, and I’m not going to pretend otherwise. Shopping for books, clothes and shoes, craft supplies, bath products, cute anime junk at conventions. It really doesn’t matter. And, although there are numerous expensive things I would like to (and sometimes do) buy, I’m mostly a bargain shopper. I love getting a deal, and rarely ever pay full price for something if I know I might be able to get it cheaper later or from another store.

There are some exceptions, as with one of my hobbies, collecting ball-jointed dolls. But a lot of that comes from the uncertainty of after-market availability and prices, as well as some other factors that I won’t get in to at the moment.

The point is, I love being able to get a lot for the money I spend.

Yesterday, after a yummy breakfast with my mom and my twin sister, Lacy (link here), we went to T.J.Maxx/Home Goods to check out what kind of goodies they had. I didn’t really plan on buying anything, but I found a few things I couldn’t resist, and for awesome prices!



  • Adorable nature-themed notebook - $2.99
  • Box of note cards - $3.99
  • Philosophy “Granny’s Apple Pie” shower gel - $12.99
  • Restricted floral oxfords - $16.99

One of the shoes was missing its lace, but I can fix that or wear them without laces. Maybe I could find some thin, pretty ribbon or something to use instead of regular laces. I also bough some meringue cookie things and some other items for my mom and sister, but these are the items that I bought specifically for me.

We also went to Dillard’s a little later, and I found a very inexpensive dress that will be the base for my dark mori witch costume for A-kon 2015.



It’s very difficult to get pictures that show the details on it, but I think it’s going to be the perfect piece to layer with other items and accessories to create the look I’m going for. And the dress was only about $17!

That’s what I call shopping success!

What kind of bargains have you found recently? Feel free to tell me all about them, and I hope you have a lovely, relaxing Sunday!

Strangely,
Chantel

2 comments:

  1. There is a severe lack of Halloween items here. One day we should do a treat yo self weekend! All shopping all day. (The shoes are adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought some Halloween plates, but I didn't take a picture of them. I aaaalmost bought a teapot that was an owl dressed as a wizard...there were too many awesome Halloween things to choose from. A treat yo self weekend sounds amazing!

      Delete